Criminal Defense - Post Conviction Relief

Appeals and Setting Aside Convictions


The goal of any case is to secure a favorable result which makes an appeal unnecessary.  In the rare situation you feel you have not had a fair result, you may need to appeal your case to a higher court.   If this is the case, you need to consult with an attorney who has experience recognizing how your rights may have been violated and whether you have any appealable issues.

This office regularly receives calls from people who want to “expunge” a prior conviction. The typical reason for these calls is that the person has a prior conviction that has caused them to lose a job or has made it difficult or impossible to find suitable employment.  The State of Nebraska no longer authorizes an “expungement” to allow one to remove a conviction from their record.  However, persons who have prior convictions with a particular sentence may retain an attorney to petition the court to set aside the conviction.  An attorney might also help a person in such a situation obtain a pardon for their offense.  If a prior conviction is causing you problems keeping or finding a job, please contact this office to discuss what options might be available to you.

Criminal Defense Overview
Outstanding Warrants

Defending Your Case

Greg Nelson

Greg Nelson

Attorney at Law


I had been battling an ongoing issue for the last couple years that kept resurfacing under different charges. I contacted Greg Nelson law firm and he assured me all would be taken care of. I started to worry as the court date grew near So I called him and he assured me again he would take care of everything. Sure enough not only did he take care of my problem, but it won’t be able to surface again. Thank you Greg for taking care of this for me it was greatly appreciated.

—Steven S.

This website is for informational and advertising purposes only. The information contained in this website should NOT be considered legal advice and it does not create an attorney-client relationship between Nelson Law Offices and the viewer absent an express agreement between the parties. The information contained herein may or may not accurately represent the current state of the law as laws frequently change. Every case is different and this information may not be applicable to your particular case. No viewer of this site should take or refrain from taking any action based on the information contained in this website without first seeking the advice of an attorney. Nelson Law Offices specifically disclaims any warranties of services this site may appear to offer. If you are unclear about the terms of this disclaimer, or any of the information contained in this website, please contact this office for further information.

Call Us - 24/7
(402) 415-9700

You have Successfully Subscribed!